Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chocolate Eclair Pie


Share/Bookmark



This pie is fantastic! My dad was first served a slice of this rich desert at a religious meeting he attended. The woman who made the desert gave him the recipe. Now he makes it for any event he can. I'm not complaining, it's delicious! It's so good that it's almost hard to believe that it is made with such simple ingredients:
a box of Graham crackers
2 Jello's vanilla pudding packets
a tub of chocolate icing
crushed pecans.
The graham crackers are crushed to make a crust. Two packets of Jello's vanilla pudding are prepared and layered over the crust. More graham crackers are layered over the pudding. The second layer of vanilla pudding is stacked above that. Chocolate icing is stacked over all of that deliciousness. For a final touch, crushed pecans are sprinkled over the layer of icing.
Pop this baby in the fridge for a simple, chilled desert for any occasion. I have some in my fridge right now. Despite my "diet" I think I'm going to go have a slice... or two ;). I can't resist chocolate, especially when it tastes like a chocolate eclair!

0 comments:

Post a Comment